Send your parcels in time for Christmas
Here is all the information that you need to ensure that your same city, national and remote parcels are delivered in time for Christmas.
Pickup dates for Christmas
Deliveries during the holiday season can sometimes take longer than usual as the parcel routes are much busier. In general, we advise you to send as early as you can.
Below are the recommended dates you need to keep in mind when booking parcels for a Christmas delivery (although we can't guarantee delivery timeframes).
Same city deliveries
Last pickup date: Tuesday 20 December.
This includes pickup and delivery from within the same metro areas such as Surry Hills to Bankstown in Sydney or Footscray to St Kilda in Melbourne.
Short-haul national deliveries
Last pickup date: Thursday 15 December.
This includes deliveries to interstate metro areas, or same-state regional areas such as Sydney to Melbourne, Adelaide to Sydney, Melbourne to Brisbane, Tasmania to Melbourne or Canberra to Adelaide.
Long-haul national deliveries
Last pickup date: Thursday 8 December.
This includes deliveries to or from Western Australia, to or from far North Queensland or to remote areas.
To help you with your deliveries, we'll remind you of the most important dates to remember on your dashboard and when you book.
Holiday opening hours & delivery
Sendle is normally open Monday to Friday. Here's when we'll be open, collecting and delivering during the Christmas and New Year break:
- Thursday 8 December: Last pickup date for long-haul, regional or remote deliveries.
- Thursday 15 December: Last pickup date for short-haul national deliveries.
- Tuesday 20 December: Last pickup date for same city deliveries.
- Thursday 22 December: Last pickup date for parcels.
- Friday 23 December: Sendle is open for morning deliveries only.
- Sunday 25 December - Merry Christmas! Sendle is closed.
- Monday 26 December - Boxing Day: Sendle is closed.
- Tuesday 27 December - Boxing Day public holiday: Sendle is closed.
- Wednesday 28 December: Sendle is open. Limited Regional, Remote and customer services.
- Thursday 29 December: Sendle is open. Limited Regional, Remote and customer services.
- Friday 30 December: Sendle is open. Limited Regional, Remote and customer services.
- Sunday 1 January - Happy New Year! Sendle is closed.
- Monday 2 January - New Year's Day public holiday: Sendle is closed.
- Tuesday 3 January: Sendle is open and ready for 2017!
Help & support hours
- Opening hours: Sendle is open 9am - 6pm Monday - Friday, AEDT.
- Limited customer service days: Wednesday 28 December, Thursday 29 December, Friday 30 December.
- Sendle is closed: Monday 26 December, Tuesday 27 December, Monday 2 January.