As an essential service, Sendle is open for business.
Sendle continues to deliver for our small business customers across the US and Australia during the current government coronavirus (COVID-19) lockdowns.
We’re here to ensure your business runs as smoothly as possible during this challenging time by getting your parcels delivered safely, reliably and affordably.
Sendle offers a door to door service all across Australia. In the US we deliver to your door, and are able to pick up in some cases.
If you are self isolating or practising social distancing, have peace of mind with Sendle’s contactless delivery for parcel pick up and drop offs.
We are following the guidelines of governments and health authorities around the world, and we’ve taken action to protect the health and safety of our customers and delivery drivers.
Our delivery drivers are practising strict hygiene measures to make sure shipments get to their destinations safely, including social distancing, contactless deliveries and simple pickups to help flatten the curve.
According to The World Health Organisation (WHO) the likelihood of an infected person contaminating goods is low, as is the risk of catching COVID-19 from a parcel that has been moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperatures.
To keep small businesses, your customers, and our delivery drivers COVID free, we ask that everyone practices social distancing and good hygiene. That includes:
- Not shaking hands or touching others
- Staying 2 metres (6 1/2 feet) away from other people
- Washing hands with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Using a tissue to cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Disposing of tissues in a rubbish or trash bin
As people around the world go into lockdown, you might be contemplating moving your business online. The majority of Sendle customers are running their businesses online and we cater to their specific eCommerce delivery needs.
COVID-19 is unpredictable but we are committed to doing all we can for small businesses in this unprecedented situation. We will be keeping communications updated as changes arise and we thank you for your patience.
For customers in AU:
- As an ‘essential service,’ Sendle is fully operational - picking up and delivering parcels to all states and territories in Australia.
- ‘Signature on Delivery’ parcels will be changed to ‘Authority to Leave’ in order to reduce the contact necessary between customer and driver, and if the driver deems it safe and secure to leave. Our delivery drivers will take a signature on behalf of customers if they wish.
- Sendle ‘pickup’ is a safe option if you are self isolating at home or avoiding contact with others. Make sure your parcel is left in a safe place as per your pickup instructions.
- Due to the cancellation of an increasing number of international flights and country specific lockdowns, overseas transit times may be delayed by up to seven days.
For customers in the US:
- Sendle is fully operational and delivering across the United States.
Sendle is working hard to make sure you get your parcels delivered to their final destination with all the support you need.
Please stay safe and healthy. The Sendle team is here to help!